Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Road Not Taken- Lax'n'guitR's interpretation.


I illustrated the poem 'The Road Not Taken' by Robert Frost
Here is a link if you want to see what the poem says.

This is my rough copy, which I made by hand then scanned.

Then I added some color and texture to it, and kept some of the original trees in the background and added some buildings.

And finally I decided to un-color some of the trees in the back and made some others to cover up the house I had in the rough copy. The trickiest part was making some of the trees and getting the layers set up correctly. I kept the background trees the same to show that they were in the distance.

2 comments:

boilerUP18 said...

Wow. This is an awesome piece. I can see through the picture transition that you did lots to get this piece to what it is. The final product is extremely crisp and clean. The use of texture on the trees almost gives this piece a sense of movement. The colors go together well and creates a universal feeling of unity.

bah16 said...

Good job! This piece I can tell you took a lot of time on. The texture really adds to the piece, and the colors really compliment the drawing. Your idea for the drawing was well thought out and really compliments the poem. Robert Frost is one of my favorites, I wanted to use this poem before I saw you had already taken it :).